The Utility Inspector is under the direct supervision of the Chief and/or Assistant Chief Inspector. The Utility Inspector's duties and responsibilities require that he or she be both knowledgeable and experienced in numerous phases of pipeline and related facilities' construction and inspection.
Functions and Responsibilities:
- Perform duties as designated by the Chief Inspector in conformance with the job requirements outlined in the Client Company's codes and TJ Inspection's codes.
- Maintain company quality standards.
- Advise the Chief Inspector of all decisions, problems, and possible alternatives
- Adhere to and enforces company safety policies and company contract specifications.
- Notify the Chief Inspector of any environmental problems that may arise.
- Keep daily logs of incidents relating to the construction in the assigned activity.
- Prepare the appropriate reports for the Inspector's assigned activities and forwards them to the Chief Inspector for review.
- Advise the Chief Inspector if the need for extra work arises.
To fill a specific function, the following guidelines shall be adhered to by the appropriate inspector.