WELDER & POLY QUALIFICATIONS
TJ Inspection provides certified personnel that can oversee the qualification or certification for both welding and poly fusion. We offer mobile welder qualification services by Certified Welding Inspectors for API 1104 or ASME IX. We also offer various poly fusion and inspection qualifications services by McElroy and M.T. Deason certified instructors.
TJ Inspection has a team of dedicated data analytic personnel who work in partnership with TJ Inspectors. Together they gather data in real-time to provide valuable information pertaining to scheduling, forecasting, managing resources, and projects for our clients.
Construction projects continuously change based on multiple factors, there fore the information collected by actively and involved field inspectors show cases their knowledge and understanding of the project. Consistent reporting back to the analyst is expanded into analytics that provide valuable feedback.
Through the use of our programs and historical information we can provide important data to assist with attaining financial and productivity milestones for our clients such as:
- Personnel and Scheduling Optimization
- Forecasting and Budgeting
- Project Management
- Customized Reporting
- Data Entry and Validation
TJ Inspection provides individuals trained and certified to operate MMT’s Hardness, Strength, and Ductility testers. This process and equipment help clients meet the requirements of DOT §192.607 and the PHMSA Mega Rule for Traceable, Verifiable, and Complete (TVC) records without cutouts, or additional hydrotesting. This process can be utilized on both in service piping and piping that is not currently operational.
Ultimate Tensile Strength, Yield Strength, and Grade
- Data provided by the HSD tester is analyzed to provide a conservative UTS, Yield, and Grade.
Construction Method and ERW seam evaluation (high frequency, low frequency, PWHT)
- Pipe size, seam type, and ERW seam type are confirmed. By running the tester over an ERW seam, it can be determined if it is a high frequency weld, a low frequency weld, and if any post weld heat treatment was performed.
- Our certified technicians remove a small amount of material from the surface of the pipe and it is sent to a laboratory for chemical evaluation. Chemistry and carbon equivalent provided based on ICP-OES and combustion testing.
Metallographic Grain Structure Evaluation
- Microscopy is performed and the steel microstructure is evaluated for grain size and consistency.
TJ Training Center offers a wide variety of client specific trainings. We partner with our clients to develop cutting edge, learner centered, and engaging curriculum that will meet our client’s training needs. We are also able to assist our clients with overflow training by utilizing their current curriculum to train their employees. TJ Training Center has highly trained, industry certified trainers that can provide in person or virtual trainings through the use of our Learning Management System. TJ Training Center prides itself with offering highly vetted, up-to-date, industry proven curriculum in all our training areas.